GCG’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Stephen Cirami provides leadership management and vision to ensure GCG’s financial strength and operating efficiency while promoting growth of the organization. Mr. Cirami manages all GCG offices nationwide and is responsible for all ongoing legal administration projects across the company, including GCG’s class action settlement administrations, restructuring and bankruptcy matters, mass tort settlements, regulatory settlements, legal notice functions, and data breach response programs.Read More
GCG’s Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Stephen Cirami provides leadership management and vision to ensure GCG’s financial strength and operating efficiency while promoting growth of the organization. Mr. Cirami manages all GCG offices nationwide and is responsible for all ongoing legal administration projects across the company, including GCG’s class action settlement administrations, restructuring and bankruptcy matters, mass tort settlements, regulatory settlements, legal notice functions, and data breach response programs.
A former class action attorney, Mr. Cirami is a nationally renowned expert on all aspects of class action legal notice and administration. Over the past 12 years at GCG, he has handled a wide range of historic complex legal administrations, including mass tort settlements, human rights administrations, product liability settlements, antitrust matters, DOJ disgorgements, SEC Fair Funds, and ERISA, wage and hour, and insurance-related matters. He has played an integral role in in many of GCG’s largest and most high-profile matters, including the $10.3 billion BP Deepwater Horizon Settlement, the $1.425 billion Stryker Modular Hip Settlement, the $6.15 billion WorldCom Securities Litigation Settlement, the $1.1 billion Royal Ahold Securities and ERISA Settlement, and United States v. Pokerstars (Full Tilt Poker).
Mr. Cirami consults frequently with plaintiff and defense counsel, as well as government agencies, to design programs that meet their specific needs and circumstances, which he and his team of highly skilled operations specialists implement and manage. He has particular expertise identifying solutions for cases involving high volume and inaccurate or dated data, and those requiring specialized class member identification demands. In fact, Mr. Cirami is currently serving as an expert witness in a series of related cases concerning the reasonable identification of class members and notice and administration procedures.
Mr. Cirami has handled more securities programs than any other legal administrator, and under his leadership, GCG has administered some of the most complex securities programs involving multiple parties, multiple related settlements, multiple classes of securities, and securities such as mortgage-backed instruments. He has even provided testimony regarding GCG’s claims processes and claim determinations for these cases in numerous court proceedings.
- Florida State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Duke University, J.D., cum laude
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A.
- The New York Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Practicing Law Institute Faculty
- International Bar Association
- The Duke Law Center for Judicial Studies, San Diego, California, October 6-7, 2016
- Confex, “Around the World in Eight Cases: The Top Litigation Trends of 2016,” Panel Moderator, London, September 8, 2016
- National Association of Attorneys General (NAAG) Fall Consumer Protection Seminar, Providence, Rhode Island, 2014
- 6th Annual DRRT Conferences on Global Investor Protection, 2014
- 5th Annual DRRT Conferences on Global Investor Protection, 2013
- Hedge Funds Care Investor Conference, New York, NY, 2011
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Securities Conference, New York, NY, 2010
- European Institutional Investor Conferences, “International Class Action Administrations,”
- Frankfurt, Paris, and Zurich, 2009
- Bank Depository User Group (BDUG) Annual Conference, San Antonio, Texas, 2007
- “Thinking Down the Road . . . or Across an Ocean: Global Legal Notice Considerations,” National Law Journal, August 1, 2016
- “The Lawdragon Lawyer Limelight: Stephen Cirami,” Lawdragon, Apr 28, 2016
- “Stephen Cirami Promoted to Executive Vice President & COO,” Crain’s New York, March 14, 2016
- “People on the Move: Stephen Cirami,” New York Business Journal, February 25, 2016